Friday, December 26, 2008

I hope you had a merry Christmas, Dear Friends!

And as not to leave out our antlered friends, I hope moose, elk, deer, etc., had a merry Christmas too :)

You may recall last August I purchased two 6"x6" sheets of this paper. I made two ~5x7 cards with a stamped & colored snowman. Out of the scraps and an A2 DCWV card, I stamped a moose with a wreath around his neck. Last week two of the barristas at Greenberry's asked if I had more of these. I stamped this moose with a scarf and made these non-Christmasy.

The past 10 days (or so) I've been in a clean-up-the-craft-room-by-using-the-stuff-piled-everywhere-to-clean-up-so-I-don't-have-to-find-a-place-to-put-it-away mode. It seems to be working, because I am feeling more creative, even if some are just repeats of earlier cards. I like being productive.

Back to the deer card...
When I was in NC for dh's cousin's wedding in October, I picked up 2 packs of 6"x6" Memory Box dps. There were 3 sheets of this dp in one of the packs. I went to Mike's earlier this week looking for something to spend my 50% coupon on. I purchased another box of 50 DCWV cards (10 colors, 5 of each). I still have a pretty full box, but it is an olio of previous boxes; 37 cards and only 5 colors. The MB dps will make 9 cards...the olio box had 4 brown, the new box 5 =>9!!! It's a sign, right? I kept 3 for me to use as thank you notes.

I also finally updated our parents' school pic SU notebooks that have been on my craft table.

1 comment:

Leslie Hanna said...

Ooooh, nice! I love the moose cards! WhereEVER did you find that cute little guy?