Monday, April 20, 2015

Washi Tape "Thinking of You" card

I would consider my recent craft purge a success.  I donated two large boxes of supplies that I was no longer excited about.  Believe me, I still have a lot of supplies in my basement, craft closet, and craft room, but it is a little less crowded.

What is even more inspiring is that for the past week I have been crafting like crazy!  The purge helped me remember supplies I have bought, but forgot about.  Today I decided to open a trio of washi tapes that I think I purchased a couple of years ago, but never used.  During the purge I was also reminded of this fun vertical sentiment that I probably purchased in the late 1990s...and probably haven't used since then either ;)

What a fun coincidence that the current challenge at Shopping Our Stash is "Lost and Found."  A perfect pairing for my card.

Directions:  I added washi tapes to a 4.25x5.5 panel, stamped the sentiment, then ran through my stitched rectangle die, and adhered to a white card base.  Done!  

A quick and easy masculine card.  I hope this post inspires YOU!

Happy Monday!

8 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

I love it!!!!

Leslie Hanna said...

Me, again. I'm so impressed you are purging AND USING. I love a good "Oh, I remember that" moment. Neat people have no idea what they are missing.

Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Beautiful! LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!

lauren bergold said...

isn't it amazing the things we forget about??!?! on the other hand, it's almost like getting a present when suddenly we discover such an item. brilliant use of tapes and dies on this fab card! (plus impressive bonus points for having organized your WHOLE STASH!!!!!) :) :) :)

~amy~ said...

Yay for purging... I'm in the process of going through my stuff and trying to reduce my stuff.

Love your washi card June!

Chana Malkah said...

Nice way to decrease yoyr stash! It really is nice to surprise yourself when you find old "new things." Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Linda Breedlove said...

Isn't it funny how cleaning out your stash brings motivation to create. Love your work on this card, June!
Have a happy day!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

this is perfect with the washi!