Friday, December 4, 2015

A fresh look for an old scrap...


Every card has a story…in my mini craft room clean up from a few weeks ago, I came across an ivory card with stamped pears.  The ivory had some ink smudges, so I cut the panel down.  I also stamped "thank you" in a dark green ink that actually matches quite well in real life (it looks almost black in my photo.)  See resized panel below:
I wanted to bring out the green in the pears as well as the frosted shadow pears, and I decided to use my Tim Holtz kraft core card stock.  I thought the kraft core would compliment the orange and copper base card stock.  I embossed the kraft core piece and sanded it with my sanding block…look, so pretty!  Almost a shame to cover it up:

However I needed a quick thank you card for a belated birthday gift I received last weekend, so I added a little banner from my orange color scraps drawer and glued it all together:
Not a bad up cycle if I do say so myself :)

Happy Friday!

4 comments:

Windy Hills said...

A charming card--pears look great.

Leslie Hanna said...

Great re-make! I keep forgetting about my Kraft-core papers. Thanks for the reminder!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So gorgeous! LOVING those pears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lauren bergold said...

AWESOME up-cycle! love those pears!!!