Sunday, December 6, 2015

No Stamping challenge + Washi wonderful

Shopping Our Stash has a "No Stamping" challenge this fortnight.  I do love to stamp, especially now that I am the proud owner of a MISTI.  My craft room is also full of stash…some from the late 1990s and some brand new.  This year I have been in the "use it up" mode.  When I sit down to create, I do not consciously decide to stamp or not to stamp; in this particular case I was just trying to use my new MFT birthday die and use up this new Pinkfresh Studio washi tape:
Any guesses as to how many cards one roll of washi tape can make?  (Take your time, I will reveal the answer at the end of the post.)

I did *almost* use the entire roll.  There is just enough left that I have kept the roll on my craft desk.  It has come in handy when my daughter was using my Cricut to cut some dies for a school poster project she was working on.  She used bits to tape down the card stock on the cutting mat (I need to wash my cutting mats and re-apply adhesive again.)  The three butterflies are a Stampin' Up! sizzlet die and the star brads were in my really old stash (circa 2000.)

So did you guess correctly?  The answer is (insert drumroll):
14!

Happy Sunday!

9 comments:

Georgiana said...

Fun trivia question attached to a neat card!

Windy Hills said...

Lovely card and so creative.

~amy~ said...

June, this is gorgeous! awesome use of the washi!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love this! LOVING that washi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leslie Hanna said...

LOOOOVE this! Now get the Merry Christmas version of that die and you'll have your Christmas cards done in no time. Dang! What a super idea! I could use up soooo much of my washi tape collection. Might need to try that.

And congratulations on almost using a whole roll of washi tape. I think I've used up one, maybe two. Ever.

Chana Malkah said...

This is a very innovative design! Nicely done and perfect for our No Stamping Challenge! Thanks for playing along with us here at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

lauren bergold said...

oh how i loooooooooooooove this, missus! and you know, i really thought the butterflies were part of the die... they are PERFECT there! super-fab take on our "no stamping" theme at SHOPPING OUR STASH! ♥

Scrapper69 said...

Your card is so pretty! Love the idea of using washi tape...

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Sherrie K. said...

Wow, so pretty! Love the design and fun use of washi tape!
Sherrie K