Sunday, December 6, 2015

Non-traditional Christmas card challenge + Sketch Challenge


I was doubly Lesley/Leslie inspired to play with my December Simon Says Stamp kit and play along with Lesley Croghan's The Challenge "Make a non-traditional Christmas card (no red and green)" and Leslie Hanna's The Crooked Stamper sketch challenge.
Such a pretty inspiration photo.

A wonderful sketch to follow.

Most of my supplies came from the December 2015 Simon Says Stamp card kit.  I made two of these cards, since the kit contains two sheets of each Pinkfresh Studio designer paper.  The only piece from my stash was the aqua card stock; it is Core-dinations color core that I embossed in a herringbone pattern.  I thought this particular pattern would mimic the doodles in the largest tree and the darkest tree too.  It also reminds me of pine needles…but maybe that's just me :)
Happy Sunday!

7 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

I love it because it's NOT red & green. :) And I keep forgetting about my Kraft core papers. The embossing is great!

Thanks for playing my CS sketch challenge!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is so pretty, love the PinkFresh Studio papers! Thank you for joining us at The Challenge!

Scrapper69 said...

Oh so Pretty! LOVE the scene and colors June! :)

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty!

Georgiana said...

Great winter scene!

Sybrina K said...

June, This is lovely! I'm crazy for that pretty palette. :)

Sherrie K. said...

Gorgeous card, beautiful colors!
Sherrie K