Saturday, December 12, 2015

UFO (UnFinished Object) + sketch challenge

Today I was doubly inspired by both Shopping Our Stash's UFO challenge (UnFinished Object) and this wonderful Leslie Hanna sketch (The Crooked Stamper sketch challenge #11):
This umbrella was cut and assembled in April 2012 using My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline Dilly Dally papers.  At that time, since I Cricut cut the umbrella panels from three different patterned papers, I decided to go ahead and cut three umbrellas total.  So back in April 2012 I made one card and used a 3D sticker sentiment from a My Mind's Eye Lost and Found 2 collection.  At the time there were no other sticker sentiments that would work for the remaining two umbrellas, so the other two went in my UFO heap…until now.

The owner of the local coffee shop where I sell some of my cards is having a baby girl.  Several of the regular customers asked me recently to create baby girl cards.  I responded that there are a few baby girl cards for sale and they responded,"but they don't say 'baby shower'."  Sometimes customer requests truly surprise me; but it made an easy decision as to what sentiment to use with the last two umbrellas!

Thank you,  The Crooked Stamper sketch and Shopping Our Stash, for the inspiration.  I may have to make working on my UFO pile as a New Year's resolution :)

Happy Saturday!

13 comments:

Georgiana said...

Good for you to use your unused pieces!

Leslie Hanna said...

Way to go! We're happy to have encouraged you to use your UFOs. What a cute umbrella! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash for the UFO challenge!

And thanks for playing my Crooked Stamper sketch challenge!

PS: Customer requests can be mind-blowing, which is why I started saying, "No, sorry, I don't have that." I found if I made shower cards, for example, they wanted plain baby cards, and visa versa. One customer wanted a New Driver card. I made some. Still have them, years later. ;/

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING that umbrella!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donna said...

Fab take on the sketch and that umbrella is AWESOME!!
Thanks for joining the crew at SHOPPING OUR STASH for our UFO challenge this week.

Chana Malkah said...

Great take on the sketch and a wonderful way to declutter! Thanks for taking the UFO Challenge this week at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness!

Windy Hills said...

You continue to inspire me. The umbrella card is a favorite of mine.

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty!

Sherrie K. said...

so pretty! Love the embossing and the pretty pattern paper :)
Sherrie K

Julie M said...

What a lovely card, June - I love the strong umbrella feature - and such pretty papers.

Julie x

Scrapper69 said...

Oh how pretty! Lovely card June!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

lauren bergold said...

ok, yeah, i wouldn't have seen the need for "baby shower" on the card either... but it WORKS... and clearly customers have their own agendas (agendae? agendi?) we must consider! any way you slice it, these are AWESOME!!! :)

Sybrina K said...

How clever to combine both challenges! Love that paper-pieced umbrella, as well as your interpretation of the sketch. :)