Tuesday, December 8, 2015

UFO challenge (UnFinished Object)

My self-challenge this year has been "use-it-up".  Last Spring I purged my craft room and filled the trunk of my SUV with papers, stamps, etc. that no longer brought me joy.  I carried them off to a donation center and I felt so much lighter, even if my family could not tell that my craft room was less jam-packed-full of crafty stash.  (When my husband saw the trunk of my car he exclaimed, "All of that came out of there?")

I have accumulated new stash, but I still think I am doing okay…with the exception of the pile (mini tower?) of unfinished cards and projects on the floor that I uncovered in the spring clean out.  I have added a couple of UFOs to it in the past few months.  I actually have made 5 cards from that pile, but that has hardly made a dent in it.  I wish the pile wasn't there at all (I am a neat freak), but that may take most of 2016 if I didn't have other things to make :)

This was on the top of the pile:
In October I purchased the MFT quilt die (it had been back-ordered for months.)  I still love these old Daisy D's paper (circa 2005.)  In an attempt to use up the entire set of papers, I started die cutting.  Two days of work yielded these six panels…it takes longer than you might think to die cut and adhere all of those pieces.  I even used my Xyron to make it go quicker than say a glue pen.  I wasn't sure what sentiment I might use…"Just a Note" or "Thinking of You" but I wasn't sure.  Life got busy, so they went into this gallon Ziploc.

This morning when I saw the "UFO challenge" at Shopping Our Stash, I perused my mini tower of UFOs.  There are a lot of single unique cards I could make from the pile, but I chose this project because it was bulky.  I decided to only use the red and green papers in the pack(so I didn't quite use-it-up.)  That meant making four more panels to use all of the green papers.  Then I went in search of a sentiment…this one seemed perfect:
Wishing you lots of love this Christmas.

Happy Tuesday!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are really lovely, June! You could probably make a billion cards with that die alone. I'm glad you're attacking your pile. I may go look through mine to see what can be finished off. That gives me such a great feeling!

Evelyn

Windy Hills said...

Beautiful, festive, and so creative. You did an amazing job. This is a work of art!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!! These look amazing!!!!!!!!

Chrissie said...

What wonderful use of your UFOs June, I should follow your example in my craft room too!
I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas
Chrissie xx

snappy scrappy said...

SO pretty!! LOVE the quilt square look!

Leslie Hanna said...

These cards are stunning! I am in awe. Congratulations on getting all of them finished!

Donna said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for playing along with the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew for our UFO challenge!!

memorial garden benches said...

How creative. Beautiful cards! They look great!

Chana Malkah said...

What a fabulous de-clutter creation! I am about to embark on a studio purge. Hope something nice sticks to my fingers! Love what you have done here! Thanks for talking our challenge here at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Sherrie K. said...

Beautiful cards!

lauren bergold said...

well, these are just full-on fabulous on their own... but as a "use it up" & UFO it's even more AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love love love!!! <3