Monday, June 25, 2012

Mele Kalikimaka

  For National Scrapbook Day I won Echo Park's "Paradise Beach" collection.  I have been eager to cut into it, and today I had the *perfect* opportunity!

  My dear friend, Lauren Bergold (...all the good blog names were taken...), has made several tropical-themed cards that inspire me.  Lauren also has a challenge blog with the lovely Stef (aka Smylin' Stef) called Jingle Belles Rock.  Lauren set the challenge this week:  Mele Kalikimaka (now you will be singing that in your head all day; you're welcome!)

  All I needed was a great sketch, and I found one at the Paper Players:
  I am a fan of Nance and Lesley's creations at the Paper Players.  This is a Lesley sketch...thanks for the inspiration, Lesley!

  I embossed the Echo Park paper and added some Imaginisce gems and a My Pink Stamper "Biggie Christmas" sentiment.  Easy peasy.

Happy Monday!

15 comments:

Tracy said...

oooo - i like this one! so pretty

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty! Lee-Ann :)

Life and Knits said...

This is a great card and a really great sketch too. I think I will give it a try. The papers are perfect!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Totally SINGING that in my head now!! LOL!! I loveeeeeeeeeee your card!!! Beautiful colors and loving the little flowers!!!!!!

Eveline said...

Great card.
Eveline.

Missy said...

So pretty June---a great sketch, and those embossed flowers in the center are just stunning!!

KatheD said...

What a great card, June! I have been totally stumped on the Mele Kalikimaka theme, maybe because I didn't even know there was a song ;) Thanks for the new inspiration!

Danni said...

How pretty!! Very nice!

SmilynStef said...

What a joy-filled holiday card ... love those rockin' *hot* colors ... so very glad you joined our jingle belles fun.

~amy~ said...

Oh I love it:)

Teri Gross said...

Nice Ideas!!!SImple and perfect!!!
Thanks!

Unknown said...

Looks amazing.. Love the design of your card and the colors of your paper. I really need to start making my Christmas Cards..

Hugs~

lauren bergold said...

easy peasy if you are ♥SIMPLY ELEGANT♥ and a pro at choosing the perfect products for every sketch and occasion... which of course you ARE!!! loooooooooooove those papers for this... and that sketch is JUST RIGHT... then you've added in the perfect "finishing" with some embossed texture, those gorgeous black mats and a bold white sentiment! this is just totally ♥♥♥BEEEAUTIFUL♥♥♥!

Rose said...

June this is beautiful :)

Sherrie K. said...

so pretty...love the embossed flowers:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com