Monday, June 4, 2012

thanks a bunch

  I created this card especially for one of my dd's teachers, "Miss Lynn."  Lynn has worked with my girls for five consecutive years!  I absolutely adore her.  She always has a smile on her face and she reminds me of sunshine.  I try to create cards that I think fit the personality of the recipient, and her radiance inspired me to make this card for her.

  As usual my inspiration also came from the lovely Lauren Bergold of "...all the good blog names were taken..."  She was the first person I ever saw create these patterns on her cards.  I asked her how she did it, and she even wrote an easy sunburst tutorial.  Check it out!  Instead of her 1" increments, I used 1 1/2".

  The Echo Park papers and stickers were purchased from Shop Pumpkin Spice.

  *MWAH* to you, Lynn...you are such a blessing to our family.

Supplies:
papers:  Echo Park "Country Drive"
stickers:  Echo Park "a walk in the park" and "Country Drive"
border punch:  Martha Stewart grass punch

14 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!! LOVING the colors and the rays!!!

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful...love the sunburst paper layout! Lee-Ann :)

~Tammy~ said...

The is BEEutiful! I know your daughter's teacher will appreciate the work and thought you put into this! Amazing!

Court said...

Darling card for what seems like a darling person! :)

Jennifer said...

Beautiful card, love all the colors and sunburst effect. Am going to try that out soon it's too cool =)

Shelly said...

Oh my gosh June this is such a CUTE card! This card is A burst of sunshine, wish it would bring some sun out over my way:) The colors are gorgeous and as always so fabulous June!
Have a SUPER day!
Shelly

bonnie said...

Oh this is so creative....I love it June! ;) Hugs x

Unknown said...

Awww.. Your card makes me smile. So cute.

Hugs~

Amy said...

Cute and happy card- I love those papers too! :)Amy

Linda said...

Very very sweet card. I am sure your DD's teacher will treasure it.

Michele Kovack said...

Such a fun summery card!

Missy said...

Terrific card!! I love the sunburst strips--thanks for including a tutorial, I'd love to figure this out!!

lauren bergold said...

oof! i think you've totally put me to shame here, i don't think i used the "sunburst" half as well as you did!!! how cool to see it done AS the light source in your adorable little scene! BRILLIANT... in *every* sense of that word! ♥♥♥!

Anonymous said...

Good lord, this is more beautiful than maybe you realize!! Your papers and the burst are absolutely delicious!!