Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Basic Grey Challenge 26-All Round

This week's Basic Grey challenge is to use rounded corners...not an angle in sight. This was an excuse for me to use my Basic Grey Motifica scraps, and my new border punch I purchased yesterday :)

Playing with dye inks this past weekend got me thinking about a technique my Supreme friend, Sharon, taught me about 8 years ago using 3 coordinating Marvy Matchables ink pads (from Mike's). 1. Take a piece of white glossy cs and using direct-to-paper, cover in the lightest color. **Use a facial tissue to buff immediately to remove hard lines.**
2. Then use your medium color direct-to-paper on the outer edges, leaving the center with only the lightest color. Buff with the tissue, if desired.
3. Go around the outer most edges with the darkest color, then buff.
4. Stamp your main image with Stazon black (my girl is a Stampa Rosa stamp.)
5. Using your darkest Marvy matchable, repeatedly stamp around your image with a crackle background stamp (mine is from Judikins).

Here they are:
#13 ochre
#6 brown
#18 dark brown

All cs is by Bazzill except for the black (ACMoore). I used a CM corner rounder, and my paper piercer.

4 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Oooh, pretty! Love your technique (and your new border punch). :-)

Girlsinthecraft said...

Wow, I thought for sure this was an alcohol ink piece. I love the technique you shared! And I just bought that border punch too and I love what you have done with it! I love the crackle stamp as well as the girl stamp. Looks very Tim Holtzy :)

Heather said...

Beautiful card, fabulous colours and papers and stunning work on the image.
Thanks for joining in at BG.
hugs Heather xx

Chris said...

A fabulous card and the image really does look like a vintage oil painting, thank you for describing the technique you used, I love it. Great colours and design too. Chris x