Monday, March 30, 2009

Hey, Chick, Have You Seen My Mojo?

I have been very happy with the cards I have made/posted the past 2.5 weeks. Today I had a lot of trouble coming up with something. Anything.

I could not come up with a unique idea for an Easter card. I looked through the cards I made in Sue's "Thoughts and Prayers" Stampin' Up! class. I decided to use a sketch from a card Sue had us make. Then I sifted through my I've-had-this-forever embellies. I found three Laura Ashley buttons. I recalled I had a 12x12 of I've-had-this-forever Laura Ashley double-sided paper to coordinate. (Let's define "forever" as 5 1/2 years.) I stamped with blush blossom and mellow moss inks. I colored the chicks (a PSX stamp)with barely banana, their beaks & legs with more mustard, and their hats with apricot appeal. I colored the ribbons & leaves on the hats with mellow moss and the flowers on one hat with blush blossom. I eked out three cards from that 12x12 sheet, which worked out nicely since I had three buttons! Ah...no scraps :) The doily border punch is Martha Stewart. I masked the chicks and sponged mellow moss for the "grass". I think I need more practice with this :)



I also made this card out of the scraps from this post.
Happy Monday!

4 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Both cards are gorgeous, as ususal. :-) I have that LA paper, too. Lots of it. LOTS of it. What makes us buy this stuff and hoard it, anyway?! Sigh ...

Girlsinthecraft said...

I just love both cards but especially the 2nd one. I am so drawn to paper piercing lately :) Love the color combos, too...........d

Windy Hills said...

Gorgeous, and both cards say Happy Springtime! You are the Cinderella of cardmaking.

Kristie said...

I think that both of these are gorgeous too! I really love the second one...but then I'm always a sucker for a purple flower :)