Monday, March 23, 2009

Basic Grey Challenge 27- Texture; Black Tie Anniversary Card




When I saw this week's challenge at Basic Grey Challenges, I immediately thought of trying to use some white ribbon with black flocking from Michael's. I thought it may go with this Basic Grey dp (Black Tie Collection from 2005; probably "Diamante".) I couldn't make it work, so I ended up using my Cuttlebug embossing folders. I think this "textile" folder goes nicely with the dp. The base card is Michael's Value Pack; the black cs is Bazzill; the white cs is from Wal-Mart; the dark grey metallic paper is ??? (possibly Magenta); the silver swirly ribbon is from my stash (ACMoore?); and the sentiment (on my Nesties) is a Stampendous Class-A-Peel. I used lots of SU! dimensionals on this card (some double high!)
Why did I choose to make an anniversary card? Probably because that is what I did the last time I used this dp on this card. Also, this was the last "Happy Anniversary" Class-A-Peel I have. And the dp seems too elegant to me for any other occasion. Maybe because my parents' wedding anniversary is this Wednesday. I did make them a Basic Grey card for their anniversary, but it was using Bittersweet. You will have to wait until Wednesday to see it :) I will post it then.
Happy Monday!

6 comments:

Windy Hills said...

This card is SIMPLY ELEGANT! Lovely combination of texture. Great job!

Girlsinthecraft said...

Wow, how very elegant. Love all the special touches!........d

Heather said...

Well June, you've made a lovely card with your papers. Glad you finally found out which they were.
Very appropriate for an Anniversary card and the textile embossed adds a real touch of elegance.
Thanks for joining us at BG.
hugs Heather xx

Chris said...

A very elegant Anniversary card June, I love it! I think you're right about those papers and they do lend themselves to this type of card. Love the texture you added with the embossing, very classy. Thanks for joining the BG challenge this week. Chris x

lauren bergold said...

HOLY MOLY you've *totally* met the TEXTURE challenge!!! times...ummmm...a million or so!!! & sooooo very elegantly, as well!

Tracy said...

oh it came out so pretty sweetie.