Thursday, March 26, 2009

CASE of Sharon Johnson & Faux Watercolor Tutorial

I fell in love with this card by Sharon Johnson of No Time To Stamp. Sharon is one of my "favorite inspiration" blogs. There are days when I go in my craft room and ask myself, "I have all of this stuff. Why don't I have any mojo?" Those are the times when I peruse her lovely cards. The stamp is SU two-step stamping set called "Heartfelt Thanks." This is one of my favorite SU sets.

I need to make Easter cards to send to my family, and I love to use purple and green. I remembered when I used some Sweetwater papers last August to make these cards.

I used my Scor-It to create a dry embossed frame around the flower. I layered on a scrap of purple, then on mellow moss cs, which I paper pierced and popped up on dimensionals. The gold sheer ribbon is May Arts, and I used my swiss dots Cuttlebug embossing folder on the base card. The inks are SU mellow moss SU lovely lilac, and Encore gold pigment ink. I used gold embossing powder by Stampendous.


Here are my Sweetwater scraps
that were left before I started. The scraps are on a 12x12 sheet of paper. I used that one long striped piece to CASE Sharon. It looks like I will need to find some other dps for the rest of my Easter cards, or make some June Houck scrappy cards :)

TUTORIAL: These are the materials I used to faux watercolor.
1. Color the solid stamp (direct-to-rubber). I spritzed the stamp twice, then stamped lightly, and then again with more force.

2. Here are my two images. I can create two cards! Then I stamped the outline stamp with gold pigment ink, dusted with gold embossing powder, and heat embossed the image. Voila!
I really like this card! So pretty. Thank you, Sharon :)



4 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

What a GORGEOUS card you have created! I LOVE your embossed framing and your piercing -- GREAT added touches!!! Truly beautiful!!! Thanks so much for your kind words -- much appreciated!!!

Windy Hills said...

Wonderful tutorial! Just enough detail with a clear understanding of what is needed to make this lovely card. Great job, as always, and I love the piercing.

Amy Sheffer said...

Beautiful, June! Love your spring colors!

lauren bergold said...

ooooooooooooooh!!! and AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, even! i love this...and now i love it even more, since i know how you DID IT!!! so exciting to see "behind the scenes"!!! :)