Thursday, March 19, 2009

My 2009 Mother's Day Card?

It's all Sue's fault, really :) During February Stamp Camp she had SU! sets sitting out, and I just had to have this stamp! It is from the Garden Sillouettes set. Yes, I violated Leslie's 50% rule: Don't buy the set unless you are going to use 50% of the set. But see how pretty this one stamp is??? I think it may go well with some of my Yuzen and Washi specialty papers.

During this month's stamp camp, Sue had out the dp pictured too. I knew it coordinated well with my new stamp, so I had to buy that dp too. Ugh. The trials and tribulations of a stamp and paperholic.



Then I saw this card on Amy Sheffer's blog. I don't have her "Story of Us" dp by ATD. (Should I add "yet"? Hmm...I am volunteering at school today and ACMoore is on my way home...okay, actually in the opposite direction of my home, but it is in the same town as the school...) Isn't Amy's card GORGEOUS? Okay, so all her cards are frame-worthy, but I especially love her sketch of this card in particular. You know I now had to use my 50% coupon at ACMoore to buy the Martha border punch and CASE Amy's sketch.

The cs I used is all from ACMoore (white, black, tropical green) except the SU Old Olive cs. I used SU dimensionals and a white gel pen (from SU catty). The ribbons are from Mike's. I used the SU top note die on the dp, and the smallest oval is the stamped image.
Should I make four more and this be my Mother's Day card for my 3 grandmothers, my mom, and my m-i-l??? Let me know what you think, my Peeps :)

4 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Oh, this is so pretty! I vote YES for Mother's Day!

Girlsinthecraft said...

Okay, so I bought that exact punch today!!! I so need to follow you around! I love, love, love, love, love,love,love,love,love the card (one love for each 9 layers!!!!). Gorgeous, elegant, simple and sweet. Hmmm, I have a similar stamp. And Sheryl and I are crafting tomorrow (hee, hee).....d

Ila said...

This card is Gorgeous June!! I love the colors, borders and the way you used the top note die...(I just got one..Yay!!)...Hugs, Ila
p.s reeses peanut butter eggs are one of my favs too..DH too!

lauren bergold said...

to answer your last question first: YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! this is really, realllllly lovely! wow!

(ps: too funny, i started making a card yesterday that did a 360-turn in the middle and i thought, "RATS!" b/c it was NOT what i was shooting for...this morning i realized...it's PERFECT for MOTHER'S DAY!!!) (just gotta make another one similar!) (wahey!)