Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Scrappy Sketch Card


This stamped image is one of the four samples I got to make at Marti's house Saturday night. We played with her alcohol inks ang Basic Grey rub-ons. It was so much fun being with two other Design Divas (Sheryl and Deanna) as well as another dear friend, Amy Sheffer. I have not played with alcohol inks since B.G. (before girls.)
I went up to my craft room with the intent to make a card using this week's Cuttlebug Spot sketch challenge.
Back to my comfort zone...I had run this white Value Pack card from Mike's through my swirls Cuttlebug embossing folder a few months ago, then the card did not come together. I felt it tied in nicely with the white swirly Basic Grey rub-ons, so I decided to try to make it work and use it up :) Then I was in search of coordinating dp. DCWV...no luck. Basic Grey...no luck. Magenta...YES!!!
BTW, the stamp is by Inkadinkadoo. I loved it so much I had to go to JoAnn's yesterday afternoon to buy one for myself. Stamps are 40% off this week at JoAnn's...hey, I'm just here to enable :)
Happy St. Patty's Day!

11 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

There's a lot of us 'using up stuff' this week! Very nice job!

BTW, did Kristie make your new banner? I am contemplating a new one myself ...

Cheryl said...

Wonderful card! I really like that stamp.

Girlsinthecraft said...

The first thing I noticed was how the swirls matched the rub-ons! I absolutely love it! I want that stamp so bad, should scoot on over there!...........d

Bamabel said...

Oh wow! This is just stunning! I adore your stamped image! You did a fabulous job with the sketch!

Thanks for joining us this week at The Cuttlebug Spot!!!

Hugs,
Aymee

Anonymous said...

WOW! Love this card... great take on the challenge...Thanks for playing with us this week...HUGS...SK :)

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Pretty stamp and lovely blue papers to go with it.

Anonymous said...

Wow, June! What a beautiful stamp! And the papers and colors you used along with it are divine!

lauren bergold said...

well i think it is only fair to warn the other cuttlebuggers bent on entering said challenge: "don't work too hard...the winner is RIGHT HERE!!!"

this is SOOOOOOOO awesome miss june, seriously, ♥WOW♥WOW♥WOW♥!!!

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh this is lovely! I like how your swirly bg is reflected with the white swirls in the corners of your main image, and that stamp is gorgeous!

DonnaMundinger said...

Wow is this GORGEOUS! Love the stamped image and your take on the sketch is fabulous! Thanks for playing along with The Cuttlebug Spot.

Kruemel said...

That´s a stunning card! I love how much of the white can be seen on it left - but it´s still the image that catches the eye first. BTW - that´s a wonderful stamp!
Thanks for playing with us at the Cuttlebugspot this week!

Kathrin aka Kruemel