Sunday, March 22, 2009

Butterfly Thank You Card

I am entering this card in the current {Caardvarks} challenge, "Did You Ever Know That You're My Hero Arts?" Yep, Hero Arts is sponsoring this challenge. It is a sketch by Heidi Van Laar. I rotated the sketch clockwise 90 degrees.


I used the new DCWV glitter matstack, "Garden Party." I also used SU! chocolate chip cs, ribbon from my stash, and a QuicKutz icing ("Thank You" rub-on). I cut two butterflies from the scraps of the dp, then mounted the top butterfly with SU! dimensionals.
I hope you can see the shimmer of these fabulous papers :)

8 comments:

Girlsinthecraft said...

Wow, I love it June. It is so sweet and elegant, as usual :)
You should win for sure!.......d

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! I love the shimmery butterflies and I really love how you rotated the sketch!

Leslie Hanna said...

Oh, my goodness, but you've done it again! How PRETTY!!!!

Jenyfur said...

Just gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Very pretty- love the DP!

SmilynStef said...

Love how you used a butterfly from the paper as your accent ... beautiful sketch card.

KatieTurtle said...

The butterflies are so pretty! What a nice looking card; so springy!

lauren bergold said...

well, you know, i don't generally care for shimmery cards with butterflies...but i am willing to make an exception IN THIS CASE! :)

(HAHAHAHA!!! kidding, obviously! looooooove this card...LOVE the rotated sketch, also!)