Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Cuttlebug Challenge- Punches Be Inspired & A Smile & A Prize


The current challenge at Cuttlebug Challenges is to use your punches in unusual ways, and to use your Cuttlebug, of course!
I used my Swiss Dots embossing folder on a ValuePack card from Michael's. I mounted three cardstock stickers on black cs, white cs, then on a metallic silver specialty paper. I layered the tri-sticker panel to black cs, then used my Martha Stewart border punch. Did I use my punch in an unusual way? Well, many of the other entrants made very creative animals with their punches, so my simple card is unusual compared to theirs AND it is unusual for me to use my border punch on top and bottom. (Although I did do it once before, just last week, on this card.) Does that logic work for you???


Last week my postman brought me a smile. This lovely hand stitched card is from Leslie!!! She calls her blog "The Crooked Stamper", but as you can see, her card is anything but crooked :) I LOVE this card, and I have it proudly displayed in my craft room and it makes me smile every time I go in there.


And this prize was won by another one of Leslie's loyal blog readers. She wanted to share her ribbons with another Leslie fan. So Leslie drew another name, and she drew mine! Can you believe Leslie let these babies go??? Lucky me!


6 comments:

Girlsinthecraft said...

Such a busy day for you June. Enjoy the ribbons :)

Leslie Hanna said...

Oooh, I love that black & white & silver card! Hey! I think I have some black & white & silver scraps around here, somewhere ... :-)

I am glad you liked the card! It was fun to make.

Girlsinthecraft said...

Sorry, got distracted by your prize and didn't comment on your card. I love how you used the MS border punch on top AND bottom. And I love how you used it has a "mat" rather than a border. As always, it is as elegant as all your work :)

Mrs J said...

June, this is such a beautiful and elegant wedding card! Love how you used your border punch (I so need to get one of those myself!). Thanks for playing along with us at http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/
Hugs Mrs Jx

Cassie said...

hey - it works for me June - it's how you interpret unusual usage!! LOVELY and ELEGANT card!!

thanks for joining us at cuttlebug challenge. good luck with the giveaway! be sure to come back tomorrow for something BIG!!

http://www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

lauren bergold said...

that leslie is a RIBBON fIEND...BIG TIME!!! she should change her name to "the crooked ribbon enabler"...ok ok...she should probably NOT change her name to that!

lovely, lovely, cuttlebuggy, punchy double border card! i never do borders on both sides, either, and lookin' at this i can only wonder *WHY*???!?!